Why Noor Matters

Where do I come from? 
I come from Newport Beach, which is not too far from here. I've lived in Newport all my life, so moving to LA for school was a big change for me. Although growing up in Newport was definitely fun, I absolutely love living in Los Angeles now. There is a lot more to do here, but I still like to go home every two weeks to visit my family! 
Balboa Island, which is part of Newport Beach, is a fun, family-friendly destination
Where am I going? 
I am hoping to graduate this coming spring and find a cool job here in LA. I want to pursue a career in marketing preferably in the beauty/cosmetics industry. 

How I plan to get there? 
I honestly don't know, I am still figuring it out. However, I will continue to work hard in my classes and apply to as many jobs as I can and hope for the best...

How am I like my parents? 
I'd say that both of my parents are pretty organized and responsible people. I have picked up on a lot of their habits, which has really helped me stay on top of school and work throughout the years. 

How am I unlike my parents? 
My parents are both Persian and they have always been very in touch with their culture, which I have always loved and respected. I would just say we are different in the sense that I was born and raised here, so I am pretty Americanized compared to them. 

Have I developed my own expectations for myself? 
I would say up until a few years ago, I was making decisions to meet my parents' expectations. I wanted to make them proud by doing whatever they thought was best for me. For example, my mom really wanted me to study medicine. I wanted nothing to do with that, but I was about to pursue that career just to make her happy. Fast forward a few years, I'm now sitting in a Marshall classroom writing this thank god. I can  confidently say that I now set my own expectations and do what I think is best for me.   

Who serves as a model to me? 
Huda Kattan serves as a model of someone who lives with great passion and personal responsibility. She is a Middle Eastern woman from humble beginnings who took the risk of starting her own makeup line a couple years ago. Her company is now worth millions and she is someone that I greatly look up to. 

Huda Kattan beauty
What wild animal do I have a connection with? 
A wild animal that I have a connection with is an elephant. I have always been so fascinated by them. I just think they are so cute and it is one of my dreams to go see some in Africa. 
172 African Elephant Is Grazing In The Serengeti Stock Photos, Pictures &  Royalty-Free Images - iStock
Connecting with Nature Kingdoms 
When I was around 5 or 6 years old, my dad set up a swing for me on a big tree at the end of my street. My neighbors and I would spend hours on that tree taking turns to swing on it. I have so many memories swinging on that tree, so it will always be special to me. 

Sun sign: 14 degrees Aries 
Moon sign: 22 degrees Leo 
Rising sign: 28 degrees Sagittarius 

Comments

  1. Really interesting read - the beauty industry is a super cool industry to try and enter. Is there a particular firm or company that you would want to join? If so, why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noor, I can sense your passion for make up and beauty! I was wondering, after interning for a make up company over summer, has your perspective on the brand or industry changed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noor, great read. The beauty industry is fascinating because there are so many things happening in the industry. Is there a particular trend or brand that you think people should take note of within the next couple of years? What do you think will be the biggest change in the beauty industry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

World We Imagine Post 1