Random Post 2

It is finally the first week of November, which means the best time of year is approaching us. There is something so magical about Thanksgiving and Christmas time. The decorations, the food, family time, cold whether, and traditions all make it so special. It is also a nice time for college students to go back home to their families and take a much needed break. I will be going back home to Newport for both holidays and I couldn't be more excited! 

Let's talk about Thanksgiving first. Since I was a baby, every year for Thanksgiving we've gone to my aunt's house. She stays up the entire night to make the most amazing Thanksgiving feast for our entire family. I am always in charge of making the mac and cheese and my mom makes an amazing homemade pumpkin pie. I cherish the tradition of going to my aunt's house because it is one of the few times in the year that all my cousins and I are reunited and we truly have the best time together. The day after Thanksgiving, my family and I put up our Christmas decorations, which is also a really special tradition of ours that I look forward to. 

My excitement for Christmas is just as intense as it was when I was a child. I still like to think that Santa is real and I absolutely refuse to believe that he is not lol. I think why Christmas means so much to me is because my younger brother who has Autism, absolutely loves it. Watching him get so excited over Christmas every year just ignites the excitement I felt as a child. I make it my job every Christmas to make sure it is special for him and that we do all the traditions that he loves. His favorite tradition is making cookies the night of Christmas Eve and it is just such a special time for my family and I. 



Comments

  1. Hi Noor, great post. I also love Thanksgiving because it is a time to be with your family. I also love pumpkin pie, and the ushering in of the new year with Christmas and New Year's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noor! I did not grow up celebrating Thanksgiving so it is so nice to hear about all of your family traditions. I especially like how you guys decorate for Christmas the day after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noor! I am also so excited for the upcoming holiday season! It is nice to hear all of the traditions you have with your family for the holidays. My brother makes the mac n cheese every year for Thanksgiving so maybe we can compare recipes sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Noor, loved reading your post. I can't wait to go home and spend time with my family for the holidays. For Thanksgiving, we would always go to our close family friend's house, which is also one of the few times a year I get to see them, so I relate to how important the Thanksgiving traditions are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noor! Super excited too for the holidays -- I appreciate my mom's cooking more and more every year I'm away from it. That, and spending time with my family, who I only see a handful of times a year now, as opposed to every day growing up. Great post - looking forward to my family's tradition of decorating the house as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post, Noor! reading your post made me happy to imagine Thanksgiving and the holiday season. I hope you wrap up the semester well and have the best time for the holidays as you're excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Noor, reading this post definitely got me more excited about the holidays. I love how towards at the end of the semester when people are a little more burnt out or tired, we still have the holidays and our families to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

World We Imagine Post 1