World We Imagine Post 1

Growing up with a brother with Autism, I know first hand the immense struggles that children with disabilities face on a daily basis. Imagine going to school everyday with social phobia, excessive worry, obsessive compulsive behavior, phobias, and more. My brother has been fortunate enough to receive great resources to support him throughout the years, but there are a lot of children with disabilities who do not have this kind of support unfortunately. Many public schools do not have the funds to provide disabled students with appropriate accommodations. However, private schools do have the funds and resources to meet their needs, but this is very unrealistic for many families as these schools are very costly. 

I believe that all children with special needs deserve the proper resources in order to improve their lives and futures. It is heart breaking to me that there are families that cannot provide these resources for their children and I believe no child should be put at a disadvantage due to something that they have no control over. I am passionate about bringing attention to this subject not only because of my brother, but for all the children/families who need help. I know how hard it is not only for the child, but for the parents to watch their child struggle. I hope I can one day help provide education, support, and information for all children with disabilities no matter of their family's income.  



Comments

  1. Hey, Noor. Thanks for sharing about your experience living with someone with Autism. The struggles associated with the condition I think can often be overlooked so I think it's awesome that you are sharing about it and bringing some of those challenges to light. Well written as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Noor, very insightful post about Austism and the challenges individuals on the spectrum face. As a next step to help complete your goal of providing education and support for children with disabilities, I think it could be helpful to identify potential revenue or fundraising sources to make this dream a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noor! Thanks for sharing this post, I could really tell how much you care about the cause. My roommate always tells me about how her high school had a bunch of great programs for those with disabilities and how heartwarming it was. It is much needed and would be amazing for your next step to be implementing more of those programs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment